REVERSING VAT: FOR EXAMPLE…
As we have presented the reverse charge mechanism in the past, we have decided to revisit the topic with a twist. We are naming it “Reversing VAT: For Example…” for a good reason!
As its name suggests, this half-day seminar will be jam-packed with examples, each examining the main aspects of the reverse charge mechanism of the Cyprus VAT legislation.
“Reversing VAT: For Example…” will be presented by the Chelco VAT International Academy’s Lead Instructor, Alexis Tsielepis, who sets off the 2022 VAT academic calendar with one of his most hands on, practical seminars to date.
The seminar is open to any professional with exposure to VAT matters. The examples will cover:
- The workings of the mechanism;
- Applying the reverse charge to domestic supplies in the construction industry (article 11b);
- Applying the reverse charge to domestic supplies relating to certain it equipment (article 11e);
- The reverse charge and the intra-community trade of goods (including triangulation transactions);
- The reverse charge and the receipt of services from abroad, including an explanation of the types of transactions for which the reverse charge applies (taxable transactions vs exempt/zero rated transactions; extension of the reverse charge rule in the cyprus vat law);
- The reverse charge and the VAT Information Exchange System (VIES).
Download the seminar brochure in English
Alexis Tsielepis – Instructor
- How the mechanism works and the problems it solves
- The reverse charge and the receipt of services from abroad, main rule
- The reverse charge and the receipt of services from abroad, special rule
- The reverse charge and the intra-community acquisition of goods
- The reverse charge and triangulation
- The reverse charge and the receipt of services from abroad
- Reverse charge on domestic constriction transactions (Article 11B)
- Reverse charge on domestic sales of certain IT equipment (Article 11E)
Discussion and Questions
End of Seminar
Alexis is widely considered as the foremost expert on VAT in Cyprus. With more than 15 years of experience in VAT strategic consulting, he advises businesses on international VAT matters and lectures at local and international VAT conferences.
Alexis possesses an extensive vocational and educational experience in European VAT and a detailed comprehension of EU VAT matters and decisions of the European Court of Justice (ECJ). He sits on various committees charged with tax matters, including the VAT Committee of ICPAC, on which he has held various positions, including Vice-President. His work includes liaising with the Cyprus tax authorities and government on policy making.
He has written a number of tax syllabuses, chapters and articles on matters pertaining to Cyprus and EU VAT. He is the author of the book “An in-depth analysis of the Fixed Establishment concept and a comparison with the Permanent Establishment concept”.
Alexis is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), and holds the Expert in European Value Added Tax Degree, which he earned with the highest grade ever awarded in the history of the coveted diploma. He is a Partner and a Director of the VAT Forum in Belgium and the co-founder and Vice-Chairman of the Cyprus VAT Association (CYVA).
Alexis is sharing his knowledge on VAT, in a series of seminars and workshops organised by the Chelco VAT International Academy, covering an array of VAT-dedicated topics, with the crown jewel being the recently launched Diploma in VAT Excellence (DiVE), a 10-month course covering EU and Cyprus VAT law in a depth never before seen in Cyprus.
Who Should Attend?
When, Where & How Much?
Friday, 11 March 2022, Columbia Plaza Venue Centre
9:00am – 1:00pm (registration at 8:30am)
4 CPD Units (certificates of attendance will be provided)
€175 + VAT
Group Discount (for 3 persons or more): 10%
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, seats are limited!